Aegean Towels - 6 colors
Our Aegean collection is made from 100% organic Turkish cotton with a high thread count for an extraordinarily soft towel. Each one is dyed but never bleached for perfect color saturation.
Used for centuries in Turkish hamams, or baths, the pestemal (pesh-te-mahl) is the original “Turkish Bath Towel”. They are a soft and smooth, flat woven cloth, made by hand, usually from cotton, finished with fringes. The hand or hair towel size is called a peskir (pesh-kir).
These towels are known for their eco-friendly properties:
- Highly absorbent, quick to dry, and will not collect sand
- Lightweight and compact, fold flat, minimizes storage space
- Naturally anti-bacterial – will not acquire a musty odor
- Environmentally friendly – quick to wash and dry, saving energy
- Some of the weaves may need several washings and dryings to reach full absorbency and softness